About the Journal
1822-8402 (Print) / 2335-8831 (Online)
Focus and Scope
We intend to encourage scientists to publish their applied and theoretical research on the Aspects of Social Evolution of Europe, Economics of European Union, Managerial Aspects of European Integration, European Union Policies, European Union Law and will pay a special attention to the joint research in these areas.
Charges, Article processing charges
There are no fees or charges that are required for manuscript processing and/or publishing materials in the journal.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement Requirements
(based on COPE's Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors)
European Integration Studies is double peer-reviewed research journal published by Kaunas University of Technology. The journal is committed to ensuring ethics in publication and quality of articles. Conformance to standards of ethical behavior is therefore expected of all parties involved: Editors, Reviewers, and the Authors.
- Editors should evaluate manuscripts exclusively on the basis of their academic merit.
- Editors’ decisions to accept or reject a paper for publication should be based on the paper’s importance, originality and clarity, and the study’s validity and its relevance to the journal.
- The editor ensures that material submitted to their journal remains confidential while under review.
- The editor ensures that appropriate reviewers are selected for submissions.
- The editor ensures that the journal employs the double-blind peer review: reviewers are not aware of the identity of the authors, and authors are unaware of the identity of reviewers. There are at least two or more reviewers for the total number of articles in each issue.
- Editors should take reasonable responsive measures when ethical complaints have been presented concerning a submitted manuscript or published paper.
- Any manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents.
- Reviews should be conducted objectively, and observations should be formulated clearly with supporting arguments, so that authors can use them for improving the paper.
- The reviewers should comment on the originality of submissions and should be alert to redundant publication and plagiarism.
- Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
- The reviewers assist the editors in taking the decision of publishing a submitted manuscript. By formulating suggestions to the authors, the reviewers can contribute to the improvement of submitted works.
- The authors should ensure that their work is entirely original, not published before and if the work and/or words of others have been used, this has been appropriately acknowledged.
- Plagiarism in all its forms constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable.
- Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable.
- The corresponding author should ensure that there is a full consensus of all co-authors in approving the final version of the paper and its submission for publication.
Peer Review Process
Every single contribution submitted to European Integration Studies and selected for a peer-review will be sent to two or more independent reviewers, selected by the editors and sometimes by more if further advice is required (e.g., on statistics or on a particular technique). Authors are welcome to suggest suitable independent reviewers and may also request the journal to exclude certain individuals. The primary purpose of the review is to provide the editors with the information necessary to make a decision. The review should also instruct the authors on how to strengthen their paper up to the point where it should be acceptable. A negative review should explain to the authors the weaknesses of their manuscript, so that rejected authors are able to understand the basis for the decision and see, in broad terms, what needs to be done to improve the manuscript in order to be published anywhere. Journal not guarantee manuscript acceptance or very short peer review times.
Scientific journal is published once a year (in October).
Open Access Policy
EUROPEAN INTEGRATION STUDIES journal is published open access under the CC-BY 4.0 licence which allows readers to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles. The journal provides open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
EUROPEAN INTEGRATION STUDIES journal is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY 4.0) license.
Current copyright policy began from 2007 (Issue No1).
Since 2002, Faculty of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities (former Institute of Europe) (Kaunas University of Technology) prepares and publishes scientific works under the theme of European Integration. Starting 2007 year the journal has got an ISSN code. At the present the annual scientific journal European Integration Studies (ISSN 1822-8402) is published once a year (in October).
All papers to be published in “EUROPEAN INTEGRATION STUDIES” are peer reviewed by two appointed external experts. The journal is published one time a year, ( October).
The papers published in “EUROPEAN INTEGRATION STUDIES” are abstracted by International Databases:
- Web of Science Core Collection: Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) --2015-present.
- EBSCO (Business Source Complete)
- EBSCO (Central & Eastern European Academic Source Database Coverage List)
- EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS)
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EconBib Index (Economics Bibliography)
- Index Copernicus International. ICI Journals Master List 2017. ICV 2017= 100
- Google Scholar
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/Ulrichsweb
- BASE (Bielfeld Academic Search Engine)
- Central and Eastern European Online Library (CEEOL)
- MIAR http://miar.ub.edu/issn/1822-8402